Discover how to develop effective marketing strategies.
The BBA in Marketing with a Concentration in Professional Selling is a cohort-based degree program that prepares a select group of students to prospect and secure the customers that the fuel the business cycle – driving production that leads to growth and expansion and funds innovative research. Your cohort will be the group of students that start with you, and they will move through the program and graduate with you. Being in a cohort in important, it means you will be brought together with students that share your interests and goals and are ready to work together. As you progress through the program, a community of support and encouragement will emerge and build towards a lasting professional network.
In the cohort-based sales program, activities include
- Researching databases to identify industries and prospect businesses.
- Developing sales strategies to lock-in accounts.
- Uncovering and prioritizing customer needs.
- Demonstrating value that overcomes price objections and produces quantifiable results for both parties.
- Developing interpersonal relationships by building trust.
Graduates of will be ready for opportunities at any level of the career ladder, from sales consulting, enterprise sales and account management to leadership positions such as sales supervisors, district manager and national account directors.
THECB Marketable Skills
Marketable skills include interpersonal, cognitive, and applied skill areas, are valued by employers, and are primary or complementary to a major. The marketable skills goal was designed to help students articulate their skills to employers. UNT has identified these Texas Higher Education Coordinating marketable skills in the BBA in Marketing with Professional Selling.
- Marketing project management
- Analytical toolsets
- Marketing financial implication management
- Effective presentation skills