Dear UNT at Frisco Community,
Faculty, staff, and students of New College are invited to participate in engaging, lively discussions surrounding current issues. These comprehensive sessions challenge the mind and introduce new, innovative ideas and concepts that have the potential to change and improve the future of Higher Education.
Please register as soon as possible! The Eventbrite link is at the top of the page, but you are also able to access the link here. After you have registered, you will be sent a follow up email with something to read for the first seminar on September 25 at noon via Zoom.
Sessions will be held monthly. Three fall, three spring, and two summer term meetings. This year's theme is: "The voice of the customer?"
We look forward to seeing you there!
Wesley Randal, Ph.D.
Professor of Logistics
Dean, New College, UNT at Frisco
Peggy Shadduck, Ph.D.
Academic Associate Dean for Curriculum
New College, UNT at Frisco
Types of sessions will include:
- Guest expert panels/speakers
- Idea development workshops
- Guided discussions led by Dean Randall
Exploring who should be influencing the pathway for Higher Education:
- Faculty or staff members? students? The government?
- What different voices take precedence in priority setting?
- How should information be used to influence future curriculum and learning experiences?
Dates for the Fall 2020 term:
- September 25, 12:00 - 1:00 pm CST
Who are the stakeholders in non-profit higher education? Alignment of the mission with stakeholder interests.
- October 23, 12:00 - 1:00 pm CST
Is the customer always right? Selling opportunities vs. selling outcomes.
- November 20, 12:00 - 1:00 pm CST
How can faculty & staff better connect to the voice of the student?
Spring Dates Coming Soon
The first session is scheduled via Zoom, but plans for future sessions are to include both virtually and in-person.