By Spencer Beeman
What exactly is the Star in Frisco?
You may have heard that Jerry Jones built a new Dallas Cowboys Headquarters and practice facility and named it The Star in Frisco. There is so much more than just a football facility, The Star in Frisco is actually built into multiple sections, including The Star District and the Ford Center. The Star District is a collection of 5-star restaurants, social bars, fitness centers, dance studios. While the Ford Center is a 12,000-seat stadium, built in partnership with Frisco ISD.
What are some restaurants in The Star District?
The Star District offers so much for different interests, you will always find new things to do and to eat, but here are a few of my favorite options:
- Trophy Park- Want to grab a bite to eat, maybe a drink, maybe go bowling or show off your billiards skills to your friend. Complete with chef-inspired menu items, Trophy Park also has full outdoor seating, social games, video games, live music, and all of this, is one place.
- Wahlburgers- How about trying a burger from one of the most famous television families, you’re in luck, Wahlburgers is going to be the perfect place to go for just that. Also, don’t forget to try an adult milkshake (21+).
- Cow Tipping Creamery- Cow Tipping Creamery honestly has some of the best ice cream I personally, have ever had. Be sure to get a “stacker” sundae with as many unique toppings as you can. Not to mention delicious shakes and bubble waffle cones.
What is happening at the Star in Frisco?
The great thing about the Ford Center is there is a chance to have so much more than just football. The Ford Center has hosted boxing, gymnastics, plays, even high school reunions. Right in front of the Ford Center is the Tostitos Championship Plaza, a 50-yard turf field that hosts watch parties, Easter egg hunts, interactive kiosks and most importantly, it’s free for everyone. To get back to the original question though, here are some things happening at The Ford Center:
- Feb. 14- Sesame Street Live! Make your Magic
- Feb. 29 - Boxing Blockbuster: Garcia V Vargas
- Mar. 11-14- Conference USA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships
- Mar. 20-22- 2nd Annual Home and Garden Show of Greater Frisco
Is there a lot of Dallas Cowboys stuff there?
Since the Star in Frisco is the main headquarters for the Dallas Cowboys, they made a point to make it look like one giant Cowboys facility. Along with a full Cowboys and DFW sports store, the Cowboys hold tours for $35 of their facilities. The tours include seeing places like the draft war room, locker room, and practice fields. Along with tours, The Star in Frisco holds the Dr. Pepper Ring of Honor Walk. Each Dallas Cowboy in the Ring of Honor has their own section with their number, statistics, and quote by a player or coach about them best of all, it’s free!
Where could I get more information?
To get more information about all the other restaurants and activities going on at the Star, visit https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/.
Spencer Beeman is a senior Public Relations student at the University of North Texas. Spencer has always been a fan of writing for sports and entertainment and he hopes to one day work communications for a professional sports team.