Harness the power of big data to solve real-world business problems
The certificate in Data Analytics provides an understanding of the underlying fundamental concepts of contemporary data analytical methods. In addition, the classes give experience in obtaining, wrangling, and learning from big data through machine learning and deep learning tools. Courses emphasize applications of theory and tools to solving real-world business problems.
Who can apply?
This certificate is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
The undergraduate certificate provides 15 hours of undergraduate course credit that can be applied to a university degree, such as the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree.
The Graduate Academic Certificate provides 15 hours of graduate course credit that can be applied to a graduate degree. In particular, completion of the Graduate Academic Certificate in Data Analytics would place graduates half-way towards completing the M.S. in Advanced Data Analytics.
This program can be complete in person at UNT at Frisco’s Hall Park campus, or in an accelerated 8-week online format. In person classes meet on weekday evenings to accommodate a busy schedule, you can view upcoming sections on the current courses page.
Data Analytics Certificate Requirements
A five-course sequence fulfills the requirements for the certificate in Data Analytics:
- IPAC 4130 / ADTA 5130 (3 hrs): Data Analytics and Computational Statistics I
- IPAC 4230 / ADTA 5230 (3 hrs): Data Analytics and Computational Statistics II
- IPAC 4240 / ADTA 4240 (3 hrs): Principles of Data Structures, Harvesting and Wrangling
- IPAC 4340 / ADTA 4340 (3 hrs): Methods for Discovery and Learning from Data
- IPAC 4250 / ADTA 5250 (3 hrs): Principles of Data Visualization for Large Data